No Comments

Population, businesses booming in Sibu Jaya

Borneo Post Online

Shoppers at Everwin Supermarket, one of three major supermarket chains in the thriving township of Sibu Jaya.
Coffee shops and eateries are well patronised during festive events and on weekdays and weekends as Sibu Jaya plays host to a booming population of 30,000.

SIBU: The vibrant township of Sibu Jaya is experiencing a business boom lately as residents flock to the various shops for the coming festive season, bringing smiles to traders.With a population of around 30,000 people and another huge population bank from Kanowit, Durin, Selangau and surrounding longhouses, business in Sibu Jaya has been brisk over the last decade.Kong Hua Ming, the owner of Kim Hock Supermarket chain, said the young township was made vibrant by its residents and the effort put in by the government and developer.

“It’s very well planned and growing very fast with many modern houses coming up rapidly,” he said.

Kong was one of the pioneer businessmen in Sibu Jaya who started by selling groceries from the car porch of his single storey house.

Today, he runs several blocks of shop.

A quick check of the township shows several popular names such as Everwin and Doraemon doing a brisk business.

Coffee shops and eateries like KFC are filled with people and cars queue up at the petrol station.

Local resident Eunice Tadom said she has been residing in Sibu Jaya over the past 15 years and loves the way the township is shaping out.

“Most of us do all our shopping in Sibu Jaya and on weekends or holidays we make a trip to town for pleasure and to shop for knick knacks,” she said.

On weekends, shops in Sibu Jaya bustle with activity until late in the evening.

Meanwhile, from a total of 114 new shops that were issued with Occupational Permits last year, up to 90 per cent have opened for business with the remaining 10 per cent of shop owners holding out as they want to increase their returns on investments.

Another 28 shop lots have been launched and are expected to be opened within the third to fourth quarter of this year.

Featuring a super-sized frontage of 24 feet and a length of 70 feet with additional 10 feet for the five foot way, these three-storey mega shops are available for sale.

Viewing by appointment can be arranged by calling 084-235888 or 0111-0583779.

https://www.theborneopost.com/2017/01/27/population-businesses-booming-in-sibu-jaya/

 

SibuJaya bustling and booming amid festive season

SIBU: Businesses in SibuJaya township are enjoying brisk sales, thanks to the festive season.

A combination of 30,000 residents of the township and others from Kanowit, Durin, Selangau and surrounding longhouses has created a big market for businesses in the township over the last 10 years.

Kim Hock Supermarket chain owner Kong Hua Ming said Sibujaya was a vibrant place because of the concerted efforts by the government, developer and residents.

“It was very well planned and growing very fast. Many modern houses are taking shape rapidly,” he said.

Kong is one of the pioneer businessmen in SibuJaya, who started with a grocery shop from his car porch.

A check shows that businesses such as Everwin and Doraemon are doing well. Coffee shops, eateries and petrol stations are always busy.

Local resident Eunice Tadom said she had lived in SibuJaya over the past 15 years and loved the way things were shaping out at the township.

“Most of us sourced our necessities here in SibuJaya.” she said.

On weekends, many shops here operate until late in the evening.

From a total of 114 new shops in the township that were issued with permits last year, up to 90% have opened for business.

Another 28 shoplots have been launched and are expected to be opened in the third and fourth quarter of this year.

Measuring 24 ft by 70 ft, these three-storey shops are currently available for sale.

https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/community/2017/01/27/sibujaya-bustling-and-booming-amid-festive-season